Is there a way to track an issues that I did not create and am not assigned to in Jira on demand?

Jim Nutt July 16, 2014

As a manager I want to follow certain issues, and get updates as changes are made. I am neither the owner or the assignee for the issue. Is there a feature to track or follow an issue and get notifications when changes are made?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2014

That's pretty much the story for "watching issues" - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Watching+and+Voting+on+an+Issue

(and ignore the voting bit)

Jim Nutt July 16, 2014

Exactly what I needed, thanks for the prompt response. I spent about an hour looking through the documentation and couldn't find this.

Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2014

Jira has a lot of functions, which is great for power and flexibility, but it makes the documentation really hard work. It can be really hard to find what you're looking for when you haven't been given the right words to look for. I'd have struggled to find "watchers" as well.

Jim Nutt July 16, 2014

Yeah, thanks. Not really faulting the documentation as I was searching for "track issues" which of course was getting about a billion hits on an issue tracking system. Anyway I got the watchers feature turned on in a snap and it's exactly what I needed.

Cheers!

0 votes
Leslie Coleman July 16, 2014

I wanted to add there are two (2) solutions. There is "watching" (that I see you have already been made aware of). There is also "sharing." In the upper right hand corner of the ticket, the issue can be "shared" with you; which also provides you automated emails every time there is a ticket update.

Suggest an answer