Is there a way to track Revenue and Cost in Jira? Please advice

kunle.kuteyi November 27, 2019

Is there a way to track Revenue and Cost in Jira? I would like to track revenue and cost per project in jira

2 answers

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2019

Hello @kunle.kuteyi

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please elaborate a little bit more on what revenue and cost you would like to know?

If you are talking about the cost of your own JIRA Application billed by Atlassian, it is not based on the number of projects you have, but in the number of users and the kind of subscriptions you have.

You can have more details about Jira billing in the documentation below:

JIRA - Pricing 

Now, if you are talking about a cost you have specified in your Jira issues to track your internal business or anything else, could you please provide us more details on how you are measuring it so we can provide you with any options?

Alex Cabrera April 17, 2020

I have the same questions, and to be more specific, I mean the second scenario Petter mentioned.

Currently, we have projects set up where everyone logs their time. I need to know how to track the cost of those projects, mainly based on the cost of the hours allocated to the project.

The second part will be to allocate revenue to each project, (invoicing) to finally with simple math, find out if the project is generating a profit or loss 

Can this be done in Jira? 

0 votes
Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 24, 2020

@kunle.kuteyi @Alex Cabrera hi!

Though it is not for the cost tracking, probably you could use the Clerk Invoices add-on for this task — you can create an invoice based on logged time with people salary hourly rate — you will get a cost for the project. And creating the same invoice with the hourly rate for the client you will get the amount that you will earn.

Suggest an answer