Is there a way to synchronize a Structure to roll up issues based on Assignee/Reporter?

JA January 16, 2014

Is there currently a way to organize a Structure to rollup issues based on certain system fields such as Assignee/Reporter or perhaps the Month/Year of the created date?

Currently I have been able to do this with the Created Month/Year by creating "dummy" issues that act as categories, but when I think about taking that idea and applying it to something as variable as "Assignee/Reporter" it seems a bit inefficient.

Is there any creative way to do this?

Thanks - Justin.

Example:

<colgroup><col span="3" width="64"> </colgroup>
BY Assignee
Bob
issue1
issue2
issue3
Joe
issue4
Tim
issue5
issue6
By Created Year/Month
Jan
issue1
issue2
issue3
Feb
issue4
issue5
issue6

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2014

Hi Justin,

Good question. Indeed, the approach you've used - creating "dummy" issues - is something that most people use in this case. We call it "meta-issues" and we usually advise creating a separate project and/or issue type for them so they don't disrupt the usual reporting and workflow.

There's no other way to do this grouping right now, but we're already working on Structure 3.0, which will let you have other types of "items" in the structure - users, projects, etc, or even just some text. It will also have automated grouping capability. There's no release date yet, but you can stay tuned at http://almworks.com/company/newsletter.html

Hope this helps!
Igor

0 votes
JA January 21, 2014

Thank you Igor, I'll keep track of future updates. Adding this capability would be a great expansion of how this plugin works! I appreciate your quick response!

Suggest an answer