Is there a way to suggest better translations?

Carl-Erik Kopseng November 20, 2017

The Norwegian translation does not seem to have been done by someone with domain knowledge of programming, as the terms used for pull-requests, commits, and other terms are more confusing than helpful. 

I see there are multiple translation threads here, so there should be a way of submitting proposals for translation of the software. WunderList had a good way of the community contributing with translations that worked pretty well; some kind of platform that was external, but where you could see and upvote other suggestions.

Does Atlassian have something similar for proposing better translations?

Seeing "bekreftelser" used for commits just ... 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andreia Fernandes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2017
Carl-Erik Kopseng November 24, 2017

Thank you. That seemed about right :-)

How can I find the keys of the strings in the user interface I want  to improve upon? The filtering is unbearably slow, to the point of being useless, as well as a bit buggy (doesn't persist all selected filters), so trying to casually browse doesn't work at all.

I tried using dev tools in the hopes of being able to find the keys hidden in the markup of JIRA, but alas.

Andreia Fernandes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2017

Hello,

Yes, the filter is very slow. And it takes time to find what you want but the text filter helps (search term).

Suggest an answer