• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Is there a way to standardize the description field so that by inputting a jquery, once I input a serial number or part number, the description will populate automatically?

Is there a way to standardize the description field so that by inputting a jquery, once I input a serial number or part number, the description will populate automatically?

Erik Lest August 26, 2015

Is there a way to standardize the description field so that by inputting a jquery, once I input a serial number or part number, the description will populate automatically? I am using this for asset tracking. Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2015
Yes...
  • Alternatively, you can accomplish this by putting a 'post-function' in the "Create" transition so that the Description field will automatically be updated according to your needs.
Erik Lest September 8, 2015

Thank you, Gabrielle. I am new to administering Jira. Would you be able to provide detailed assistance as I am not familiar with jQuery and javascripting?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2015

That will be a problem since what you need requires scripting skills. Have you looked at option #2? You may need JIRA Misc Workflow Plugins and/or JIRA ScriptRunner depending what level of customizations you need.

Suggest an answer