Is there a way to show all multi checkbox custom field?

Kathleen Jacobs February 18, 2013

I created a custom field with multi checkboxes (around 10).

It doesn't show any of these unless there is a value. So i put a default value, but the other ones don't show unless i select the default one.

Is there a way to show all these checkboxes without having them checked?

1 answer

2 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2013

If you set the custom field to be required in the field configuration scheme, all checkboxes will show up, even without setting a default value. This does require the custom field to have ANY value in ALL statuses of an issue. If you want the checkbox only to show up and require a value at a certain transition, first make sure you have the "JIRA Suite Utilities" add-on turned on (under manage add-ons). Next, you add the "Fields Required" validator to the transition where you want the multi checkbox to be required. Make sure the custom field is being displayed on the screen that is configured to show up when performing this transition.

Kathleen Jacobs February 18, 2013

How do I set this to have ANY value in ALL statuses of an issue?

I marked it required and as soon as one is selected, all of the non selected ones go away. While the select one stays

Jirong Hu September 9, 2019

I have the same question: just want to have these custom fields (with multiple checkbox) showing on the screen, all the time, no matter if they is any checkbox checked. Otherwise, if no checkbox is checked, the user can't see these fields, unless they do an Edit.

1. If I set the custom field in View Field Configuration as Required, then it have to have at least one checkbox checked, can’t be all unchecked. However, when the issue is newly created, they should have no checkbox checked.

2. I want them showing all the time, so not related to state transition.

Suggest an answer