Is there a way to show Issue Status in the Backlog?

Laura Minniear November 13, 2013

We would like to be able to view the Issue Status in the backlog, but I can't find any way to configure what shows in that list. I tried the various configurations under Add-ons > JIRA Agile > Project Templates, but none of them got the status to show.

4 answers

8 votes
Marci Boecking August 3, 2017

I don't like the way Jira provides the option (for up to 3 fields) but just adds the field values as text under the issue summary.  It's not easy to read and seems like it was a quick fix that didn't provide a very usable/desirable solution.  I end up removing them and optin to click on each ticket rather than looking at the data with that solution.  Does anyone know if Jira plans on improving this feature to maybe show the added fields in the same pill-type format that the other default fields are shown as?

Dino Citozi January 16, 2019

I have just started using Jira and find it over engineered. 

Not sure who to ask.  

4 votes
Stephen Sayler June 24, 2020

My favorite solution for this is to use card colors based on queries of issue status. Great way to assess the readiness of upcoming sprints at a glance. 

card colors.PNG

Lawson Cooper July 1, 2021

Thanks for posting this suggestion. It's PERFECT!

2 votes
Anurag Jain July 11, 2018
1 vote
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2013
Laura Minniear November 14, 2013

Yes! I'm not familiar with what that is. Since that's an issue, does that mean there is not a way currently?

Suggest an answer