Is there a way to setup a notification to a subtask's owner when the issue is transition into a workflow?

Danny T August 9, 2016

My team has the story board setup that multiple engineers could work on the same issue, but each engineer has one or multiple of the subtask(s). Is there a way we could set up an email notification to the sub-task owner when the issue is move to another "work flow"?  Ex: OPEN --> IN PROGRESS.  So the subtask owner know that they could start their own tasks.  

It is a nice to have, but not required since we could simply put a comment in the subtask to alert the subtask's owner.  

2 answers

0 votes
darrenpegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2016

Scriptrunner might work when added to the parent issue and when moved to in progress looks at linked issues i.e subtask and if the subtask has an assignee the alert is sent.  Or JQL Tricks might also be a good option.  Also look a4 the JIRA Tool Box add-on.

0 votes
Jeff
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2016

I do not believe there is a way to do this with JIRA notifications by default.

As you've noted, you would need to take an action on the sub-tasks (such as adding a comment, or transitioning their workflows) in order for this to work.

Suggest an answer