Is there a way to set a rule to have Bugs only closed by QA team?

Andres Velasco January 27, 2015

Our organization would like to prevent issues of type "Bug" to be closed by individuals that are not part of the QA team, we want to ensure that bugs are only closed by QA members to make sure they were tested and approved.

is it possible to do this in Jira?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2015

Change the workflow - your easiest option is to copy the existing one to a new name, then edit the "workflow scheme" so that it says "Bugs: new workflow, all others: old workflow".  Now edit the new workflow, adding a "condition" to the close-issue transition, it should say something like "and only members of the QA role can execute this transition"

Andres Velasco January 28, 2015

thanks for the quick response...

I was checking this but it will only solve one of the requirements, we want to restrict only Bugs, all other types can be closed by anyone. As far as I have seen, there is no way to set conditions to specific issue types, isn't it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2015

No, that's why the first half of my answer was about making a copy of the workflow and using old and new in the workflow scheme. The workflow scheme will tell your project to use different workflows for different issue types.

0 votes
Andres Velasco January 28, 2015

Got it, I didn't know that a workflow schema can have multiple workflows, I did the chnage and it is working as we wanted it.

Thanks a lot!

Suggest an answer