Is there a way to see the last update author?

Leigh Riffel October 26, 2015

I can see When the JIRA issue was last updated with the Updated field, but I don't see how I can get Who did the update.  I would provide an easy way to see tickets in my filter that have had outside input and therefore may need my attention.

Update:

So, since I don't want to change the status of the ticket, would it still be possible to create a custom field (not hidden) that gets updated to the username of the user who last updated the issue using a custom event listener or a post-function? In addition, can this custom field be displayed in the JIRA list?

I am not a JIRA administrator, so I would have to ask them to create this and I want to make sure it will work before I give them the task. 

2 answers

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2015

I guess your best way to accomplish this is not to use the "Updated Field" which is just based on last update of an issue with no discrimination.

Most of the teams I know creates a custom event listener or a post-function to automatically "transition a ticket status" depending on the user who puts a comment on it. Some uses a hidden custom field which is automatically updated when other than the assignee updated the issue. Your filter will then use any of this options to show "Status = Waiting for Assignee".

Leigh Riffel October 27, 2015

So, since I don't want to change the status of the ticket, would it still be possible to create a custom field (not hidden) that gets updated to the username of the user who last updated the issue using a custom event listener or a post-function? In addition, can this custom field be displayed in the JIRA list? I am not a JIRA administrator, so I would have to ask them to create this and I want to make sure it will work before I give them the task.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2015

Yes you can do it with a custom field like "Last updated by: " with a post-function/listener that auto updates it.

Like Bertran de Boer likes this
admin July 24, 2018

@GabrielleJI'm interested also whit this theme, My question is the next. How can I do for search who moved the issue? in console. not in JQL please.

Thank's. 

Can you put me an expemple? 

0 votes
Hailin Zhang September 24, 2018

Here is an exampled script using Powerscript.

Add post function to all transitions of workflow and do bulk transition.

JFieldChange [] changes = lastIssueChanges(key);

number i = size(changes) -1;

if (i >= 0){

string fullname = ldapUserRecord("displayName", "(sAMAccountName=" + changes[i].user + ")");

string lastupdatedby = changes[i].user;

if (fullname != ""){

lastupdatedby = fullname + " (" + lastupdatedby + ")";

}

customfield_39271 = lastupdatedby; //Last updated by

}

Suggest an answer