Is there a way to search for an exact value on a version field?

If I have a version field (e.g affectedVersion), which can store multiple values, and I want to find all issues where there is a specific combination of values (not just issues that contain any of them), can I do it?

e.g.

Issue 1, affectedVersion = 1.0

Issue 2, affectedVersion = 1.0, 2.0

Issue3, affectedVersion = 2.0

Is there a search that I can do to identify issues where the affectedVersion only contains "2.0" (i.e. I want to return Issue 3, but not Issue 2)?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

You would need to filter on version 2.0 and exclude in the same query all other versions (possible if you have only few)

fixversion = "2.0" and not fixversion in ("1.0","1.1","1.2",....)

But since the second expression can contain many versions I don't think it is feasable.

Thanks - yes, unfortunately I have a lot of versions, so while this might be feasible as a one off, it will be difficult to use longer term.

Yes, that's why it is not feasibel. With each new version you would need to change the filter. So since scriptrunner isn't available on JIRA Cloud, I guess you are stuck.

Thanks.

Is that available for the cloud version? I can't see it in the marketplace.

Unfortunately no . This plugin is not available for cloud.

You have to use script runner plugin for that,

It gives an option to look for exact match

Ex:

project = ABCD AND issuetype = Epic AND fixVersion in versionMatch("Version 1.1")

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,314 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot