Is there a way to search for all user accounts that are locked or have the CATCHA required to access

michael.silberman June 29, 2017

Our site is using LDAP authentication to an Active Directory which requires a password be changed periodically. Whenever someone changes their password it is temporarily out of sync with the cahced values in JIRA that respond with an incorrect password or user error message. I'd like to be able to find all of the users that are locked, but I don't see any means to filter on this in the User Management screen. Does anyone know of a UI method or a SQL query that could isolate user accounts that are locked?

1 answer

1 vote
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2017

Hi Michael,

Try the "cwd_user_attributes" table in the database.  In the "attribute_name" column, look for values like:  login.currentFailedCount, requiresPasswordChange, password.reset.request.expiry, and password.reset.request.token

I'm no DBA, but here's a MySQL query I use to get all login related details:

SELECT u.id, u.display_name, u.user_name, u.email_address, u.created_date, u.active, a.attribute_name, a.attribute_value FROM
cwd_user u, cwd_user_attributes a WHERE
u.id = a.user_id ORDER BY display_name ASC

Hope this helps or leads you in the right direction,

Rachel Wright

Suggest an answer