Is there a way to resize the pop-up window when editing an issue in JIRA 5.0.1?

Chris Marble July 26, 2012

Many of my JIRA users are complaining that the window size of the edit issue screen is too small. Is there a way to resize that window that pops up? In Chrome you can resize the fields easy enough, but there is no way to expand the entire width of the pop-up box.

If there is a way to disable the whole pop-up window and have it just show it on a normal page that would work as well.

4 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Dave C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2012

One thing you can do, without making any coding changes, is edit it in another tab by either:

• Middle clicking on Edit
  • Right click and choose 'Open Link in New Tab'
  • Ctrl/Command Left Click

This works for all the workflow actions - it opens it in another full-sized window so you don't have the overlay. It does mean your users need to do things differently, though.

Arnold Naval February 4, 2021

so an honest answer would be
"no you cant resize it"

Martin Alfaro September 14, 2023

Hello Dave C, thank you for this answer, I was looking around to try how to resize the window while editing a comment. This option works for me. And now my edition is on full window.

0 votes
Will Sheppard February 11, 2016

This has been answered elsewhere: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/225269

0 votes
Dave C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2012

One thing you can do is open the workflow action in another window

0 votes
Dave C
Atlassian Team
July 28, 2012

One thing you can do is open the workflow action in another window

Suggest an answer