I have a question about JIRA and Crowd username remapping.
Please the following description and give any advices or guide about that...
1. They created a internal directory and the Username are written like "b12345", "b11111",
"bxxxx". That is their employee id number and the full full name is written in the each users' name.
2. And the directory is linked wit JIRA then the users log in with the "bxxxxx". Then there are many data with those Usernames.
3. But the Userid is not recognizable because each one doesn't know other people's emplyee id number so the administrator wants to change their username
from their employee id to the full name. (For example, the admin user wants to change the username from "b12345" to "youjeong jang".)
4. But the problem is, there are data already written with the username like "b12345". So the admin user wants to map the username value "b12345" with the new value like "youjeongjang" when migrating.
5. And after the migration, he wants to let the users to log in with the value like "youjeongjang" instead of "b12345".
So is there a way to migrate from "b12345" to "youjeongjang"?
And if it is possible, how to migrate the username values with mapped the "bxxxxx" in JIRA existing data?
FYI, the JIRA version is 5.2.8 and their Crowd version is similar with the JIRA 5.2.7 has been released.
And they use Oracle 11g.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs