Is there a way to redirect users to the login page instead of showing them an error message?

Ignacio May 26, 2017

Hello Everyone,

Pretty much that. I want the user to make click in a direct issue link but in case her is not logged in to JIRA, redirect her to the login page and after login redirect her to the issue, instead of showing an error/warning message stating that she does not have permission to access that link.

I hope I made my self clear.
Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2017

Hi Ignacio,

There's a (JIRA Server only) add-on in the Marketplace with a feature that handles redirection when users aren't logged in.  I have not tried this add-on myself, but it's on my personal "to review" list.

It's called "Prevent Anonymous Access" and is found here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.codecentric.prevent-anonymous-access/server/overview

Hope this helps,

Rachel Wright

Ignacio May 31, 2017

Thanks for your answer Rachel. I'll give it a try !

Ignacio May 31, 2017

Sadly this add-on won't do what I need. I'm looking something to change or avoid the error/warning message that appears when a user trys to access an issue while is not logged in and instead redirect her to the login page.

I don't want the user to see the message "you don't have permission to access the link" I want them to be automatically redirected to the login page instead.

Thanks for your help!.

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2017

I am having the same issue with my cloud instance of Confluence. This is really problematic because we're using Confluence to present deliverables to executives. They aren't very tech savvy so this just looks like we didn't set things up correctly. Needless to say, that's not the first impression we want to give them. There must be a fix for this! 

Suggest an answer