Is there a way to rearrange the Transition id's in the workflow

M Vijay Kumar May 29, 2016

Hi All,

I would like to know whether transition id can be moved up or down during the workflow. For example, In my workflow i have transitions in the following order,

Analysis in progress --> Code change needed 

Analysis in progress --> Cancel

Analysis in progress --> Hold

Analysis in progress --> Doc change needed 

Analysis in progress --> Invalid

I would like to rearrange the above order. I want to move 'Doc change needed' may be after 'code change needed'.The reason being, buttons on the workflow transition are displayed based on the 'transition id' order. I want my 'Doc change needed' and 'code change needed' to be available as top options for the workflow.

Is there a way to achieve this ? please let me know.

Thanks,

Vijay

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2016

Yes, you can set an opsbar.sequence property on each transition and JIRA will put them on your menu in low-to-high order (I think it's low-high, from memory) - most of us set values like 10, 20, 30 rather than 1,2,3 so it's easier to re-arrange them later.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/advanced-workflow-configuration-749383189.html#AdvancedWorkflowConfiguration-Customisingworkflowtransitions

M Vijay Kumar May 30, 2016

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your response. I was able to implement the reordering of the transitions. I had to apply for all the transitions in the workflow to make it work.

Thanks,

Vijay

Suggest an answer