Is there a way to re-name the "Summary" field?

Dante Lombardi July 28, 2014

I want to rename the Summary field to be called "Title" as it is a better and more accurate field name for our usage. I believe this is a default JIRA field and I couldn't find a way to edit it.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2014

You could try the inline translations if you're on a version of Jira that supports and includes it.

Otherwise, see https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Customizing+Text

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014

I think Nic was mentioning about InProduct Translations.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2014

Oops, yes, thanks Jobin. InProduct, not inline.

Dante Lombardi July 30, 2014

Thank you! I will try this out.

Kaviraj May 25, 2021

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Is it possible in JIRA cloud ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2021

No, there's no translation app for Cloud. 

You can use different languages to change it, but the language packs are fixed - you can't create your own version of English for example, to change "summary" to a worse word like "title"

Suggest an answer