Is there a way to query for issues whose worklogs were created in an elapsed period of time using JIRA 6.2.3 ( or later) API?

Chris Stamp June 16, 2015

Can I use 6.2.3 API to gather a list of issues that  have worklogs created on a specific  date or an elapsed period of time? I heard this is in 6.4.3 or later.  I am currently having to make up for this lack of basic functionality through some filtering a large set of issues. JIRA TRICKS plugin is not an option as its specific to UI view querying.  If anyone has any information on this topic please help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2015

If you are looking for a API solution, just code out a JQL query and use the JQL function provided by JQL Tricks.

Chris Stamp June 18, 2015

So JQL Tricks has an exposed api to all JIRA plugins? How is this possible without an api if one does not exist? This could be a dumb question.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2015

What I meant was that if you already have the JTricks plugin installed, you can use the SearchService (https://developer.atlassian.com/static/javadoc/jira/latest/reference/com/atlassian/jira/bc/issue/search/SearchService.html) and define your own JQL (which is a JQL that includes the JTricks).

Chris Stamp June 19, 2015

ok thank you, essentially I would have to manually(without use of jira API) write out my query. This makes sense. I appreciate it.

Suggest an answer