Is there a way to provide a multi-line comment in a transition issue action when using JIRA Automation Plugin

Patrice Foerster February 7, 2016

Is it possible to provide a multi-line comment in a transition issue action when configuring an automation rule with the JIRA automation plugin? We need to write comments including new lines not just all text without formatting.

I tried to use quotation marks around my text ( " ).

comment="Dear customer,

lore ipsum

lore ipsum"

When I try to proceed to the next steps, JIRA displays the error message: Fields parameters are invalid.

So it's seems this is not possible. Since this add-on is not officially supported and I could not find any documentation about the plugin (except tutorials) or this action in particular I hope that maybe you can share some information.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matej K
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2016

Right now this is unfortunately not possible. There is already a feature request here https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/automation/issues/80/no-line-breaks-possible-in-multi-line-text

Patrice Foerster February 7, 2016

Thanks for the information. I will vote an watch the mentioned issue for updates on this matter.

Suggest an answer