Is there a way to prioritize mail or force user to change passeword after first connection ?

Laurent Bierge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2017

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to either:

- Prioritize the mail when i create an account in order to be sure that it is sent directly.

Or

- Set a password at the user creation and force him to change his password just after his first connection.

Regards,

Laurent

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2017

Hi Laurent,

The password policy in JIRA does not have a built in method to force password changes in x amount of days.

There is a current feature requests for this that you can find at JRASERVER-2740.

Please review the comments as some have provided some methods they've used to work around this for the time being.

In addition please vote on the issue so you'll be notified of any updates/fixes directly.

Finally, if you use CROWD, the internal directory can set a password policy as you have requested.

Cheers,

Branden

Laurent Bierge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2017

Hi,

I don't use CROWD but i'll check those comment !

Thank you very much !

Regards,

Laurent

Suggest an answer