Is there a way to pick the individual tasks to be released?

Tony Padovano February 5, 2015

I have a kanban board that contains work items from multiple projects.

I have admin rights on one of those projects. I do not have admin rights on the others.

I want to release the tasks from my project to clear closed tasks from the board. However, when I click the release button it includes all closed tasks from all the other projects. 

I have created a subfilter to show only tasks in my the closed column, but the clicking release still includes the tasks from the other project. When I try to release the items, I get an error message on the items I cannot release.

short of creating another board that shows only my project tasks, which would be redundant and inefficient, is there a way to either add or remove specific tasks from a proposed release? 

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Tony Padovano February 6, 2015

Ugh. Bummer. Some of my releases have as many as 40 issues resolved in them. Individually setting a version for each task would be uber-time consuming. But thanks for the idea - on smaller ones I might be able to manage that...

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2015

short of creating another board that shows only my project tasks, which would be redundant and inefficient, is there a way to either add or remove specific tasks from a proposed release?

This is one of draw backs of the Release feature in the Kanban Rapid Board. Other than what you mentioned, you can always do it manually by using the Issue Navigator, setting the right versions for the issues and then go to Versions and Release that version.

Suggest an answer