Is there a way to perform mass change owner operations on Shared filters ?

prasad_tadi_affirmednetworks_com November 20, 2017

Hi,

I have few hundreds of shared filters in JIRA that are open to anyone.  Which basically exposes the filters to even not logged in users. However, the data is not visible, unless they login.

Now we are trying to mask all these filters from non-logged in users.

Is there a quick way to do this, without changing the same one by one ?

2 answers

0 votes
prasad_tadi_affirmednetworks_com February 6, 2018

In my case.. I was upgrading and moving JIRA to new server. So we dumped the data and edited the XML file ( in the dumped .zip file) and imported the data.

While doing that we changed the Public to a project Specific access. this resolved the issue.

Again, not a great solution, as we are hard coding project and ownership to a specific account.

OR

One can write further search and replace based on patterns. You should know little more data and its values.

this worked fine. Specifically people who no longer in the company / disabled accounts owning these Queries.

Now I have suppressed all the externally visible queries to project specific access.

0 votes
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2017

Hi,

This functionality is available in ScriptRunner for JIRA plugin. Script runner has built in script which allows you to change ownership of filter in bulk.

This functionality allows you ro transfer ownership from one owner to another so you need to perform the activity by searching filters on the basis of current owner.

Suggest an answer