Is there a way to pass reporter field for anonymously created ticket

Balaji Dommaraju January 4, 2019

Hello team,

I am trying to create JIRA issue though python with out authentication. But JIRA work space should know who has raised the ticket. 

I have done below things to create ticket anonymously.

1. Add the Anyone group to the Create Issue permission in the permission scheme for the project.
  2. Set the Reporter in the project's field configuration scheme to optional.

Payload: 

{'fields': {'project': {'key': 'TEST'}, 'issuetype': {'id': '1'}, 'reporter': {'name': 'ADSID'}}}

Error:  

{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"reporter":"Field 'reporter' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}

Is there any way to achieve this by passing reporter field in payload or please suggest me how to achieve it.

Now I have only my ADS Id not password or oAuth credentials. 

Please though some suggestions to overcome this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2019

Hello Balaji and welcome to the Community!

You have a solid understanding of how to setup API calls to create issues within Jira, well done. The error you’re reporting is due to the reporter not being present on the issue create screen (Thus the error of “its not on the appropriate screen"). You will need to add the reporter field to the issue create screen to be able to make your listed API call.

To find out more about field behavior, please see Specifying field behavior.

I hope this helps give guidance to your issue along with a path to move forward.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Mohan Chougule November 17, 2020

@Stephen Sifers Even when I have the Reporter field added to my project screen and I am passing reporter's name as well. Still, it shows  error  (reporter: Reporter is required)

Suggest an answer