Is there a way to modify subtask table in issue view?

Andris Bērziņš
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

Is it possible to edit the layout of the subtask list when viewing their parent issue? Either group them up by type (i.e. have 2 separate tables if I have 2 subtask issue types) or be able to select which subtask type to display?

Maybe hide the table altogether? That should be easily doable through javascript though :)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

Can the cause for the problem below be the answer to your problem :)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Sub-task+View+Disappeared+in+Parent+Issue

Andris Bērziņš
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2013

That's a nice way to do it :)

Unfortunately for me, I have cases when I still need the default subtask table. So I ended up creating custom tab as a plugin (to customize subtasks the way I need) and added javascript to the .vm file to hide the default table when necessary.

Regardless, I accepted your answer.

2 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2014

What I did was adding columns and rearrange them. You can do that in General Configuration - Advanced settings. Please backup your JIRA or know what you're doing though.... For me, e.g. I have this: duedate, priority, issuetype, status, assignee, progress, customfield_10404

Suggest an answer