Is there a way to merge user account in JIRA?

Deleted user September 5, 2013

We've just started using JIRA OnDemand and have imported our issues from a standalone version of JIRA. Now our users are using the Google Apps / OnDemand login method new accounts have been created for them, leaving their old accounts there too but now unused.

These old account have many issues and comments assigned to them. Is there a way to bulk update the issues assigned to the old account to the new user accounts?

9 answers

2 votes
Rathna Pidikiti January 8, 2019

Hi Folks,

Well how would you merge 2 accounts on SERVER instance.

One way is the Database way (Which is prone to user errors).

but Atlassian should take this up as a enhancement.

Regards,

Rathna

2 votes
Deleted user September 11, 2013

This allows everything but the comments to be changed. How do I change the user account of the comments?

dnichols4 March 3, 2014

Did you ever figure this out? We're having the same issue with comments.

Thanks

Like Upasna Bassi likes this
Pamela Dumhart April 7, 2014

I do have the same problem - is there a possibility to change the users of the comments?

Thanks!

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2014

It's not possible to reassign the comments in OnDemand, unfortunately.

0 votes
David Gurevich May 4, 2017

I searched and searched for the "Bulk Edit" button. Finally figured out that it is necessary to search for issues. Only then the menu item at the upper right in the issue list screen shows up.Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 4.17.35 PM.png

0 votes
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2015

This is being tracked here:

0 votes
Aaron Clayton-Dunn August 28, 2014

Hello, I'm trying to import using CSV and I simply want to map the imported data to users that are already in the system. But so far, it's just been creating new user accounts with made up emails. Could someone point me to the right way to do this?

Thanks!

0 votes
Aaron Bawcom July 7, 2014

Is there some incredibly painful way to accomplish this for now? ->Some<-
type of workaround? It's difficult for me to believe there is no possible
workaround for this problem.

0 votes
Anselm McClain June 27, 2014

Same exact issue here - had been using JIRA for years with a standalone instance. Want to switch to OnDemand but stuck with multiple copies of our userbase and comments that can't seem to be migrated.

0 votes
Aaron Bawcom April 18, 2014

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
September 5, 2013

Hi Gareth,

You should be able to bulk edit the issues to change the assignees from the old accounts to the new ones.

For more details and instructions regarding this, please refer to this documentation - Modifying Multiple ('Bulk') Issues

Dave
Atlassian Team
September 5, 2013

Yep, you can bulk change the assignee, and reporter, fields as per this Knowledge Base article - https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=298979005

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events