Is there a way to map a field configuration (scheme) to a screen that is part of a workflow?

quakee June 5, 2017

Hey guys,

I have created a workflow that will pop-up a screen during the transition from an In Progress status to a Done status (i.e when an issue is resolved). This is used to gather additional, required information.

After creating a field configuration for this screen that makes various fields required, I am having difficulty mapping it to said screen.

Is it possible to map a field configuartion to a screen, similar to how a field configuration scheme maps one to an issue type?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2017

Your only option is to use "Validators" on the transition in question, the transition also associated with whatever screen you're using.

As Joe Pitt mentions, Field Configurations are used for ISSUE configuration: They make fields required PERIOD. If you need required fields at a point in time, you must use a workflow validator. 

quakee June 5, 2017

This is exactly what I needed, thank you so much your clarification!

2 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2017

Field configurations are for issues within projects. They aren't related to screens at all.  It sounds like you need a screen specifically for the transition that displays the fields you want populated during the transition. 

0 votes
quakee June 5, 2017

I have looked at this resource right here (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-add-the-required-field-asterisk-to-the-screen/qaq-p/313078), where they used conditionals to ensure that these fields are satisfied.

However, I would like to use field configurations.

Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2017

Haha apparently I had answered that one too :0

Suggest an answer