Is there a way to make custom field show up in Description area on main View Issue screen?

Jeff Scarsbrook September 16, 2012

I have created two description fields, Functional Change Description (which will describe the functional/business changes requested) and Technical Change Description (which describes the technical changes requested). Currently, the show on the main View Issue screen inside the "Details" section. I would prefer for them to show up inside the "Description" area. Is it possible to define which section of the main View Issue screen to display custom fields?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2012

You cant do this without editing a bundled plugin and that is not an option in JIRA onDemand.

Jobin, thanks for the info. I assumed that was the case, but figured I would confirm. I assume the answer is the same, but is there a way to change the width of the labels on the main View Issue Screen? My custom description fields (just the label, not the text) show up on the main View Issue screen truncated, since the column for the field label is not wide enough.

Also, for both of these changes (changing the area that the custom fields show up in and widening the label area on the main View Issue window), are they possible in the installed version of Jira? If so, how would one go about that? We currently have OnDemand, but are planning on going to an installed version, so I figured I would ask.

Thanks Jobin! I imagine I will be wanting to customize a number of pieces after we install Jira, so that info is very helpful.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2012

Both the changes would need editing the "view-issue" bundled plugin. Something like this : http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2012/05/modifying-atlassian-bundled-plugins.html

Suggest an answer