Is there a way to make a one of two fields required on a ticket?

Matthew Frassetti May 25, 2017

Hello!

Was wondering if there was a way to make an issue require one of two fields, but not both. For example, an either or type situation where if you fill out one field you don't have to fill out the other.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2017

In default JIRA, I don't believe so, no. If you're on JIRA Server and have ScriptRunner, you might be able to do something with the Behaviors module of that add-on, but I haven't tried and I don't know for sure.

Do you have a use case or example of what the contents of these fields would be? There might be another solution here, but we'd need more info to be able to help.

Shane Carr May 12, 2018

+1: our use case is when anonymous users file issues, require that they enter their email address, but not require that when team members file issues.  This would in effect be to require "Reporter" (jira user) or "External Email" (anonymous user) but not both.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2018

It's the same answer, you're going to need something like ScriptRunner to add a behaviour to the fields.

Suggest an answer