Is there a way to limit the reporter from transitioning an issue from Open?

Kelsey Collins April 10, 2015

I want to limit a reporter from transitioning his/her own issue from Open to the next Status. This transition indicates that the issue is approved and can be moved on in the workflow process from the Open status, which is why I don't want the reporter to be able to approve his/her own issue request.  I tried the Separation of Duties condition, but since "Create Issue" is not considering a transition, this doesn't work. Suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Juan Peraza April 10, 2015

Add the Except reporter condition to the transition that you don't want the Reporter to be able to execute.  I'm not sure if this condition is out-of-the-box or if it's part of an add-on, but I have that condition available in my JIRA.

Juan Peraza April 10, 2015

After further digging, I see that the Except reporter condition is part of the JIRA Workflow Toolbox add-on

Kelsey Collins April 10, 2015

Thanks! I see that add-on. I would hate to pay for this add-on just for this small piece of functionality. I did find a convoluted workaround though. I added a custom field called "Reporter 2" and added a post-function to assign the Reporter to Reporter 2 on the Create Issue transition. Then on the transition from Open, I added the condition 'User Is In Custom field' from the JIRA Suite Utilities add-on. I set this condition to "Current user must not match the field Reporter 2". It works but its not the prettiest configuration.

Suggest an answer