Is there a way to hide the administration banner in Jira?

Michael Parks August 26, 2012

I mean the yellow "You have temporary access to administrative functions.." that shows up as soon as you authenticate.

The authentication is fine, but the banner is a bit of a pain, seeing how it offsets everything else by a little bit. Is there some kind of trickery that can be used to prevent this from appearing?

Someone created a plugin to hide this in Confluence.. does such a thing exist for Jira as well?

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2012

Try adding this in "Announcement banner"

<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.$("#websudo-banner").hide();
</script>

Trav July 9, 2014

where is "Announcement banner"?

Deleted user April 8, 2015

That worked well, thank you. If we need to set a banner we can add the text below it and that text will show.

4 votes
O. Funkhouser March 20, 2014

If using a stand-alone distribution of JIRA, another option is to modify the jira-config.properties in the jira home directory to include the following (you'll have to restart JIRA for the change to take effect).

jira.websudo.is.disabled = true

Neil Proctor October 10, 2017

Thanks Funkhouser, I just ran that on Jira 7.5.0 and restarted the server and it worked great.  The config file was not there, I had to create it manually in: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA

|\ | _ .| |)     _|-    
| \|(/_|| | |`()(_|_()|`

https://www.magnumvpn.com

Evgeny Erofeev November 23, 2017

Thanks. It works for me.

Suggest an answer