Is there a way to hide restricted boards?

Frédéric Gaumond July 17, 2017

Hi, with my current settings in Jira, in the board tab there is a long list of boards that are restricted. Since I can't view them is there a way to hide them completely? There are pages upon pages of restricted boards while I would prefer to have one page that I have access to. Thank you. 

1 answer

1 vote
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

A board will say "RESTRICTED" in the Visibility column based on the board's filter's sharing options. Unless the filter is shared will "Everyone," you will see "RESTRICTED" there. You can find more info here of the Visibility column.

Are you sure you can't view these? If you don't have access to a board, you shouldn't see it at all in this list. I believe if you have "browse" permissions on a project, you will be able to see any boards with filters that include issues from that project.

Thanks. What I'm more looking for is a way to hide all boards not created by me. Indeed I can run through them. A few of them are empty and so I though I didn't have access. 

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to hide all boards that you didn't create. If you can browse issues in a project that appears on a board, then it'll show up in your list of boards.

I also don't think that JIRA saves who created a board, or at least saved anywhere you can view on the front-end without getting into the database. A board can have administrators and filter the board uses will have an owner, but that person isn't necessarily who created the board.

If you want to clean up the boards you see or don't see, I'd revisit your project permissions and determine which projects you really need "browse" permissions for.

I see. Thank you for your help.

Suggest an answer