Is there a way to have an epics resolution set only after all linked issues are closed?

LeKisha Boswell December 9, 2015

Currently the epic is displaying a strikethrough; however, all linked issues are not complete and the resolution is set to none. I would prefer the issue considered closed after all issues have been resolved.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2015

You need to create your own logic. JIRA just gives you the capabilities to configure it, you still need to figure out how that would work technically with your process. 

The issue is closed and crossed out because you closed it or you let it get closed out.

1 vote
RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2015

Other option is to use JJUPIN plugin which lets you script workflow conditions using SIL language

Here is an example explaining exactly your case: https://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/TR/Block+%60Close%60+Transition+Until+All+Subtasks+are+Closed

1 vote
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2015

There is a workflow condition "Sub-Task Blocking Condition" that you can use for this; I believe it's available as part of the script-runner plug-in, but I couldn't say that with certainty as I've never built a workflow without that plug-in available.  Simply add this condition too all "resolve" transitions in the workflow and select appropriate resolved states as the requirement. 

Suggest an answer