Is there a way to get the time logged per person across projects?

Asha February 6, 2021

Hi,

I have several projects being handled within my group and I would like to get the time logged across projects.  I need this report to be created weekly and per person.

Is there any plugin or any tool that I can use to create this report?

Asha

5 answers

1 vote
Manuel Galván February 7, 2021

You can use tempo timesheets, it let you group by user and project, or EazyBI

Deleted user February 7, 2021

@Asha surely the solution proposed by @Manuel Galván  is the best for now: because your data remain inside a Jira-centric system that doesn't disperse the knowledge as it happens if you switch to google sheets or excel or microsoft powerbi for example.

1 vote
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2021

Hi @Asha 

I have a report set up for a similar purpose using Jira Cloud for Sheets

You can also export to Excel if you prefer but I like Google Sheets as you can set up a scheduled refresh, bring in the fields you need and then create whatever reporting you need that will update for you automatically.

To get started you can go to 'issues' and do an advanced search to start you off, and then you'll see the options to export to Excel or Google Sheets. You'll need to authenticate but it will guide you through the setup process and from there you can set up a schedule to refresh the data.

Capture.JPG

There's lots of different add-ons available on the marketplace so it's worth searching on there as well. Some might require an additional subscription fee which is I like the free G Sheets option.

0 votes
Adaeze_Jude_HEROCODERS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2023

Hello @Asha 

You can try out Clockwork Automated Time Tracking and Timesheet FREE  or PRO

Clockwork allows users to Manually or automatically track time.

Tracking time automatically means that when the Issue status is transitioned into an active status then time is tracked for the assigned user, OR you can track manually, by using the PLAY and PAUSE button or just entering the time spent. 

Clockwork also offers a comprehensive report of the Time Tracked by all users. This report can be filtered/broken down using different components and you are also able to see different time ranges. 

chrome_314PZogIL6.png

0 votes
Miron Ivano _Timescale_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 19, 2023

Hi, you would need to use a time tracking addon for JIRA.  Our customer really like the team or the users timesheets reports across projects in Timescale:

2ba095bd-4d81-4f38-a3dd-56162e793785.gif

0 votes
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

The business requirements were for a report to run weekly.

Tempo and easyBI are great products but buying either would be like taking the kids to school in a Ferrari if all you need is a weekly report.

Add-ons will cost extra but provide additional benefits. With sheets you can schedule an update of the data set hourly so whenever you go to the report you've set up it is up to date (or refresh it to the latest data within seconds).

Deleted user February 8, 2021

I understand @Stuart Capel - London then why not try this from Old Street Soltutions ?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220925/custom-charts-for-jira-reports?hosting=server&tab=overview

I am convinced that taking data out of Jira, if the data is in Jira, is a less efficient way to make a report.

Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2021

Absolutely - perfectly acceptable solution. It looks like a very good price actually and I might well try it out on my private instance.

I think you're probably right - but if your use case calls for effectiveness over efficiency then you have to consider other options right?

Giving a third party access to the REST API of your Jira instance isn't a preferred option in some use cases.

It's good that @Asha has number of different options to look into though. Thanks for your input @[deleted]

Jamale February 9, 2021

Hi, @Stuart Capel - London thank you for the feedback. @AshaIt's great to E-meet you. I'd love to connect and jump on a live demo if you're available to show you what Custom Charts has to offer and can solve some of your pains. Are you available on February 12th, 2021?

Thank you @[deleted] Thank you for the recommendation of Old Street Solutions - Custom Charts 

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events