Is there a way to get the release notes emailed to someone when a version is released?

Elli Vandegrift December 3, 2013

Is it possible to have JIRA send an email to users or an email group when I click on the Release button of a version? This is an action that we currently do manually multiple times per week. It would be great if JIRA could email the group the release notes or just an email.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2014

One way to solve this could be "intercepting" the version released events using the JIRA Automation Plugin, then generate and email the release notes using the PDF Automation Plugin.

The real question is whether the version released events are visible for the JIRA Automation Plugin. There is an event type called "generic event", this may help, I'm not sure.

If not, you can still try to work around it, by creating an explicit task issue called for example "Make the release 1.2.3". When it is resolved or closed, that can be captured by the JIRA Automation plugin (I'm sure about it, we use similar mechanisms all the time, see my screenshot) and then you can generate and send the PDF release notes.

Read this tutorial

1-rule1.png

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2013

Suggest an answer