Is there a way to generate a report based on issue creation time (HH:MM)?

Mark Lovelady December 5, 2017

I'm looking for a way to generate a report showing the number of tickets that were created at each hour throughout the day and display it on a chart.

EazyBI doesn't seem to drill down to the hour and I can't see any gadgets that would do this.

Any suggestions appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Mark Lovelady December 8, 2017

I managed to do this by exporting all Jira issues from 2017 to a CSV, then creating 2 columns:

Ticket: Custom column with 1 as the value in each cell.
Hour: The hour in HH format split from the date/time columns, sorted by descending numbers.

Hour    |  Ticket
13        |    1
14        |    1
14        |    1
15        |    1
15        |    1
etc.

This was plotted this on a line graph with hour along the x-axis and number of tickets on the y-axis, giving us a chart showing the total number of tickets logged at each hour of the day over a 1 year period.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

Hello,

You can use Recently Created Issues Report  or Recently Created Issues Gadget. You can read more here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/reporting-in-jira-461504615.html

Mark Lovelady December 5, 2017

Thanks Alexey,

Unfortunately the Report doesn't seem to offer an option to display in hours and the Gadget can only go back 10 hours.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

I just checked on Jira 7.5. I can choose Hourly in the Period parameter. And I can enter go back in days not in hours

Suggest an answer