Is there a way to filter inbound emails?

DavidS January 12, 2015

My organization uses Google Apps for Business (which includes Gmail and Google Drive), which includes a handy but annoying "Everyone" group.  Thus, whenever org wide emails get sent to "everyone", my "support@company.com" email address is picked up in this dragnet and my JIRA Service Desk OnDemand instance creates a ticket.

Does JIRA support filtering out messages with a certain recipient in the header or will I need to create a new Distribution group for my ORG and leave support@... out of this new group?  The latter option is less than ideal since there will be a lot of kickback from stakeholders in the company, but if that's the ultimate resolution we'll have to soak up some initial change pain

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
DavidS January 12, 2015

It appears that when you use "everyone" the message then relays to individual mailboxes.

I managed to get a hacky filter put in place, but a few messages kept creeping through and creating tickets.  I'll keep toying around with the filters and report back if a resolution comes together for the benefit of future inquiries.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2015

What does the To address how up as for those emails? If it is everyone@example.com then yes you can enable a watch email in your mail handler and set it to be support@example.com If that does not work, then maybe you could filter it on the Gmail side of things?

Suggest an answer