Is there a way to filter Dashboards and Filters by "private" access?

S Fong July 16, 2021

Currently, the system allows only to filter the list of dashboards / filters by Owner, Project OR Group.  Is there a way that I can filter the list that are with "private" access, "public" access or filter that ARE NOT with a specific project?  The list is getting longer and longer and I want to find way to clean up a bit.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2021

Hi @S Fong, not yet. There is an open suggestion related to what you're looking for in the Atlassian public issue tracker that you can vote for and add yourself as a watcher to receive notifications going forward.

Cheers.

S Fong July 18, 2021

Hi @Ivan Lima - thank you for your note.  I will vote and add myself as watcher to look after the progress of that feature request.  

But this isn't my original question that I intend to ask.  I meant those that I have privilege to view including those "private" filter and dashboard that I own, is there a way that I can filter to review the list of my own private filters?  And is there a good tip for the Jira Admin (like myself) to manage the full list since the list is continue growing?

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2021

Yeah, there isn't an option to filter by private shared permission yet. If the current UI capabilities don't meet your needs, you can always explore APIs to help you achieve that, better yet, if you find an app that helps you with that. When it comes to the cleanup type of activities, filters and dashboards are not typically at the forefront of the discussion, but it's a good point. My piece of advice for keeping health maintenance is to start at the process level. At the end of the day, Jira is just a tool where you materialize your current process. If you want to get some insights on how you can do a cleanup, have a look at clean up your Jira instance.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events