Is there a way to figure out who/how many users are using various plug-ins installed in Jira and Confluence?

s_sukuma August 19, 2015

I would like to determine who/how many users are using various plug-ins installed in Jira and Confluence instances. Is it possible to find out who is using what plugins?

3 answers

1 vote
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

Unfortunately it is not possible. Way i usually find this out is by disabling the plugin and see who shouts. This way you know how manyusers are actively using the plugins.

With Confluence, you can check for the macro Usage by typing this in the search box macroName: <macroname>* and see the number of pages where those macros have been used. 

However, again simply finding the number of usages of a confluence macro does not indicate whether those pages are used by theusers.

So, again disable them and see.

Pilar

s_sukuma August 19, 2015

I get it. Thanks for your help Pilar. Suriya

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2015

Hello Suriya,

In additional to Pilar response, you can also check on the log files (e.g access_log) what each user is accessing and doing.

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

Different add-ons do different things. The best way long-term is to encourage the add-on vendors to record this information themselves.

Suggest an answer