Is there a way to export issues from one JIRA account and import them into another?

Vikram Holla July 23, 2012

Our business owners create issues in our JIRA account when they encounter a problem. But we may need to communicate this problem to one of our vendors for resolution and this vendor has their own copy of JIRA. Is there a better way to create this issue in my vendor's JIRA than copying and pasting content of an issue from one account to another? Can we export issues to some standard format and send them across to the vendor so that they can import them? Or is there a plug-in that can either link or duplicate the issue from one JIRA to another.

Please note that we are on the On-Demand version of JIRA. I am not sure if my vendor has the on-demand or hosted.

Vikram

2 answers

2 votes
JustinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2012

Hi Vikram,

You can try to export these issues to Excel, open the Excel file and save it as a CSV. You can then import this CSV to your other JIRA instance.

Do note however, that the Excel export has its limitation where it does not export comments out.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Justin.

2 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2012

JIRA Command Line Interface can be used to script the copy to the other instance

Suggest an answer