Is there a way to eliminate all the extra white space in a {noformat} screen?

Louie Bergsagel August 17, 2012

When I use the {noformat} tag around a list, it fills the screen space below the list with many blank lines. Is there any way to get rid of that space? The {panel} tag does not add the extra blank space. This is in the JIRA Comments tab.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2012

After testing with multiple browsers, we were able to confirm that this is an issue isolated to just Internet Explorer. As I said in the comments, I encourage you to file a bug at: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa It would also be nice if you posted a link to that bug here so other users can vote and comment on it.

Cheers,
Boris

Louie Bergsagel August 20, 2012

I can't create a bug because I am being asked to log in again on a different screen, and it isn't recognizing my user name, and when I ask for help it says my email address doesn't exist. I don't know how that is possible, since this system used it to email me with your answers.

And I can't report this as a bug because I can't log in. Ad infinitum.

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2012

Hey Louie,

It is a seperate system, unfortunately we don't have single sign on between the different systems and you will need to create a seperate account.

Cheers,
Boris

Louie Bergsagel August 20, 2012

Done. JRA-29415

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2012

Hey Louie,

It is cut off because I had my Chrome window at half width of the screen. If I open the window to be the full size of the screen then it does not get cut off. See this image: http://cl.ly/image/1o243J0I2T04 I know that some people have suggested that the whole portion expand to use the space on the right. There is an issue already raised for this, and is under consideration by our development team.

Since you were able to confirm that the issue with the noformat occurs only in IE 8, I think that this should be reported as a bug. Please go to: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa and file a bug against the JIRA project. Please provide as much information as possible, including a link to this question.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Also, I am going to add the browser issue as an Answer to the question. Always appreciate an answer confirmed so that other users can find it easier.

Cheers,
Boris Berenberg
Atlassian Support - San Francisco
Enjoyed the support?! Tweet us! #atlassiansupport

0 votes
Louie Bergsagel August 19, 2012

Also, notice how it cuts off the right side of the data on your example, forcing you to use the scroll bar at the bottom of the panel? When there is plenty of room on the screen, why does it do that? Is there a command to extend the panel width? Or should this be a separate question?

Oh, heh heh heh, that problem is only in IE8 as well. Both Firefox and Chrome extend the panel to the max.

0 votes

Internet Explorer 8

Version 8.0.6001.18702

I didn't think about the browser. This problem does not show up in Firefox.

The problem does not show up in Chrome either.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2012

Hey Louie,

I tried to reproduce it here: http://cl.ly/image/1Y21452y1p3Z using JIRA 5.0.5 but could not get it to occur. What browser are you using? Please provide me with an exact version if possible.

Cheers,
Boris Berenberg

0 votes

(JIRAsample.txt) JIRA version V5.0.5#732-sha1:79229cc

Sample data attached.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2012

Hey Louie,

What version of JIRA are you on? Could you provide a file containing the sample information I could use to try and reproduce this? I have not seen this kind of behavior before.

Cheers,
Boris Berenberg

Suggest an answer