Is there a way to edit a worklog through a csv file or through a "non manual" way?

Sergio Moreno April 10, 2015

I want to know if there's a way to edit the worklog, different to the Work Log section in the JIRA issues.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2015

Hi Sergio,

I believe you can use a CSV file to do that. Please see Importing Data from CSV (search for Importing worklog entries in this doc) for more details about this.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Sergio Moreno April 14, 2015

Hi Clarissa, thank you for your answer. But, I think maybe I wasn't clear enough. I don't want to import a "new" worklog, I want to edit one that already exists through a csv file. Is this possible?

marton_lipcsik November 9, 2017

Hello Sergio

I tried the CSV import scenario for a worklog entry change without success.

My CSV for the new worklog entry was:

issue_key,pj_name,pj type,pj_key,Summary,Worklog
RRIMPF03-10,RR-IMP-F03 RFP,software,RRIMPF03,Summary of the issue,worklog desc;2017.11.08 14:30;mlipcsik;3600

I imported the above CSV worklog to the RR-IMP-F03 issue.

After that I changed in my CSV data the "worklog desc" to "worklog desc2" and I selected only the worklog field to be mapped on the import wizard mapping page.

Instead of updating the existing worklog entry, the CSV import just created a new entry with "worklog desc2" description.

I think, there is no "update" mode for worklog import, only "create" mode.

Hope, this helps.

Suggest an answer