Is there a way to edit a worklog through a csv file or through a "non manual" way?

I want to know if there's a way to edit the worklog, different to the Work Log section in the JIRA issues.

Thank you

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Sergio,

I believe you can use a CSV file to do that. Please see Importing Data from CSV (search for Importing worklog entries in this doc) for more details about this.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Hi Clarissa, thank you for your answer. But, I think maybe I wasn't clear enough. I don't want to import a "new" worklog, I want to edit one that already exists through a csv file. Is this possible?

Hello Sergio

I tried the CSV import scenario for a worklog entry change without success.

My CSV for the new worklog entry was:

issue_key,pj_name,pj type,pj_key,Summary,Worklog
RRIMPF03-10,RR-IMP-F03 RFP,software,RRIMPF03,Summary of the issue,worklog desc;2017.11.08 14:30;mlipcsik;3600

I imported the above CSV worklog to the RR-IMP-F03 issue.

After that I changed in my CSV data the "worklog desc" to "worklog desc2" and I selected only the worklog field to be mapped on the import wizard mapping page.

Instead of updating the existing worklog entry, the CSV import just created a new entry with "worklog desc2" description.

I think, there is no "update" mode for worklog import, only "create" mode.

Hope, this helps.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

128 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you