Is there a way to dynamically localize JIRA login page?

Mike Lench
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

Can i make JIRA login page with some dynamic localizations?

For example:

if some user have "locale=EN" in user-agent

then JIRA take him login page in english

if locale = some other

then JIRA takes to user login page in some other language

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Lench
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

The thing i wanted is feature request.

i found issue for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-12847

vote for it if you are interesting in such abillity

0 votes
Mike Lench
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2014

Daniel, thanks for reply

Translating JIRA is not the same with dynamically language detection for unregistered or unlogined users.

We can translate JIRA start page to italian (for example) and our english users will not understand us, because they also get started with italian.

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2014
Mike Lench
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2014

Daniel, thanks for reply

Translating JIRA is not the same with dynamically language detection for unregistered or unlogined users.

We can translate JIRA start page to italian (for example) and our english users will not understand us, because they also get started with italian.

Suggest an answer