Is there a way to display the user's phone number in JIRA?

Elvir Hadzic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2012

We'd like to show the user phone number, preferably on the user profile page.

We'd like to be able to see a user's phone number so we can directly call each other if the need arises. I tried doing this with a user property but I only seem to be able to see those if I'm logged in with administrator rights.

We also use Crowd to perform the authentication; if that should matter.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2012

Where is the 'phone number stored?

Elvir Hadzic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2012

It isn't stored yet. I just got a list of users and their phone numbers and the task to find a way to be able to add this information somehow so you can look up a users phone number in JIRA.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2012

Mmm, well, Jira doesn't have a way to store user based fields, and you've already hit the user properties problem (that it's administrator only).

If you want to use user properties, the Jira Toolkit has a field that will to display them, but that's about it I'm afraid.

Radek Kantor
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2012

Jira Toolkit has User Property Field, but it is custom read only field, to show some user property on issue. Something like User Profile Custom Field not exist.

I think, that the easest solution is use user property to store phone value (so only admin can insert/edit user phone numbers) and write simple plugin, that will be populate specific user prop into user profile screen.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2012

You can have a look at this. It may help.

Suggest an answer