Is there a way to disable the automatic creation of a Confluence space when a JIRA project is create

Aric Vandenbranden June 8, 2017

User has requested that the create confluence space be off by default.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2017

Hi Aric,

Per JRACLOUD-65134 that option was removed on Feb 27th 2017 per the Product Manager notes in JRACLOUD-65134:

I can confirm that this is not a bug, but a change to project creation on Feb 27th 2017. The reason we removed the checkbox was that to many users the option was not obvious, and so we decided to separate the concerns.

Rather than having more Spaces created but remaining unused and empty, we thought it would be better to make the Space creation more deliberate.

After creating a JIRA Project you can still achieve the linking by 

1. Going to Confluence and creating a Space
  2. Go to Confluence Space Tools
  3. Link the JIRA project

Also, back in the JIRA project you can add a Project shortcut and link back to your Confluence space.

At this point I would contact the Cloud team so they can determine why that is still part of your instance so they can make the necessary changes.

Cheers,

Branden

Aric Vandenbranden June 8, 2017

I understand that the check box was removed .. can it be set to not create by default .. and if we need we will add later?

Suggest an answer