Is there a way to disable notification for a specific user or email address?

anfield leung October 6, 2015

I am using JEMH to work as a helpdesk system, every reporters will get notification when creating an issue through email. I would like to disable to the notification for some specific user account or some email address. Is there any way to achieve this with JEMH?

I found there is a "Disable Domains" but seems not quite working. 

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2015

Disable Domains is how to do this, older version had a problem with 'exact matches' but that should be resolved in current releases.

If the only thing driving notifications to those address is the JEMH Event Listener, then you can block those notifications there.

If you're have specific scenarios that work /don't work, that indicates a wider problem as JEMH can generate notifications from workflow and adhoc as well, the filtering in the Event Listener is I think specific to that variant of notification.

Its not clear how you are notifying the sender.  If you are using the Profile > Notifications to do this notification, its possible that you can use a feature within a custom template to inhibit the notification on a per user basis:

anfield leung October 6, 2015

I just update JEMH to latest version but still getting email notification. I didn't use the Profile > Notifications, the notification should be pure from JEMH Event Listener.

anfield leung October 7, 2015

Should I raise an issue if I found the disable domain unable to perform exact match on v1.7.39?

Suggest an answer