Is there a way to disable email updates for Bulk uploads from CSV files?

LASER October 18, 2016

I want to disable emails for Jiras created through Bulk Uploads. I am uploading files with 800-1000 items and do not want to receive 800-1000 emails for each item I create.

1 answer

0 votes
aradmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2016

Hi, you can disable notification for Issue Created before importing the CSV.

To delete a recipient for a particular event:

1. Choose  > Issues
  2. Select Notification Schemes to open the Notification Schemes page, which lists all the current notification schemes in your JIRA installation.
  3. Locate the notification scheme of interest and click its linked name to open the Edit Notifications page for that notification scheme.
    The Edit Notifications page lists all of the events , along with the recipients who will receive notifications when each event occurs.
  4. Click the Delete link beside the person/group/role, in the appropriate event row.

After importing the CSV you can Add the recipients again:

To add a new recipient for a particular event:

1. Choose  > Issues
  2. Select Notification Schemes to open the Notification Schemes page, which lists all the current notification schemes in your JIRA installation.
  3. Locate the notification scheme of interest and click its linked name to open the Edit Notifications page for that notification scheme.
    The Edit Notifications page lists all of the events , along with the recipients who will receive notifications when each event occurs.
  4. Click the Add link in the appropriate event row (see the list of events below), which opens the Add Notification page, where you can choose who to notify (about the event) from the list of available recipients (see below).
  5. Select the appropriate recipient (filling in any required information for your particular choice of recipient).
  6. Click the Add button. You are taken back to the Edit Notifications page (see above), with the notification you just specified now listed against the appropriate issue event.

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer