Is there a way to disable access to "Import Issues from CSV "available from the Issue Menu drop down

s August 24, 2014

Is there a way to disable access to "Import Issues from CSV "available from the Issue Menu drop down

Or Is there a permission that enables/disabled this funtion so that it disabled from the Issue Menu.

Thanks

Showkat

7 answers

1 vote
s August 28, 2014

Thanks for the feedback Nic.

Olivier MAZEN April 4, 2018

Thx Frédéric!

0 votes
George Lewe (LSY)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

There is no way to disable this specific feature from within JIRA. An issue has been submitted to Atlassian to add such an option:
https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JIM-1414

Unfortunately the average reaction time to tickets by Atlassian is at about 6 years or so.

Other options you have:

• Disable the JIM plugin completely and only enable it when yo need to import something. But note that during that time the CSV import is available for other users as well
  • Under Global permissions, revoke Bulk change permissions to all user groups that yo do not want to use CSV import. But note that this will also make any other bulk operation impossible.
  • Unpack the source code of the JIM plugin and patch it yourself

Best regards,
George

0 votes
George Lewe (LSY)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

Hey Nic, thanks for clarifying.

I am administrator tho on my own instance. Still I have not found a way to disable that feature for regular users. Is there any?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2015

Hmm, on the older versions, you could disable the system addon that provides it. But that does kill it for all users, completely.

George Lewe (LSY)
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2015

Alright. I was afraid so. I will try to figure something out and post here when I find a solution.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2015

The ability to enable/disable the functions that provide is only available to administrators (which you don't have on Cloud).  My last answer was spectacularly unclear on that!  Sorry!

There is no permission controlling this function at a lower level either, other than the "must be able to create issue". 

0 votes
George Lewe (LSY)
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2015

Import issues from CSV is available to regular users. How can I disable it? The question here is still unanswered.

Thanks,
George

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2014

It's only available to Admin users.

s August 25, 2014

Is Admin users - referring to only atlassian admin users

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2014

Users with admin rights. Some of your users will have "Jira admin" rights

System admins can do it to, but if you're using Cloud/OnDemand, you won't have those rights.

Damon Morda October 8, 2014

I'm seeing this option available to users that don't have admin rights, but are members of the Service Desk Team role. Am I missing something?

Suggest an answer