Is there a way to detect when the Activity Module of an issue finishes loading?

Guilherme Peres September 19, 2013

I'm trying to implement some Javascript customization on my JIRA instance, specifically on the issue comments section. It works fine when the page is first loaded and the Comments tab is already selected, but whenever I click on another tab and return to the original Comments tab, it's gone.

I found a workaround using a setTimeout() function, so it loads again when the time runs out, but it's not really a good option, since the time for loading comments varies between different issues. So there's my question: can I manage to execute this function by the exact time the comments finish loading?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
wurbanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2013

There is the event you can bind to:

JIRA.ViewIssueTabs.onTabReady(function() {
	console.log("Issue tab loaded.");
});

Hope this helps!

Guilherme Peres September 23, 2013

It worked on the Issue screen, but in all the other screens it returned errors. It wiped out all of the dashboard screens on the process. Is there any configuration for it to execute only on the issue screen?

PS: I was wondering if there is any documentation on JIRA Javascript events like this one. I couldn't find it anywhere before you wrote its name.

Guilherme Peres September 24, 2013

Nevermind, got it worked out. Just had to put it inside another function.

Thank you very much!

Suggest an answer