Is there a way to detect a change in fix version description or the fix version release date?

Bufu Mario February 7, 2020

I need an event or a trigger when the release date/description of the fix version is changed.

I thought to make a script that saves the information about every fix version in a file and compare every day what is on the server and what is saved on the file.

Does anyone see a different approach?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Leonard Chew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2020

Here is a list of events around projects and versions that are fired by jira:

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/8.5.3/com/atlassian/jira/event/project/package-summary.html

Changes on versions are also protocolled in the audit log (if that is of any use).

If you want to act on the event, you can use a plugin to listen on the event and do something, such as scriptrunner.

Here is a screenshot of a scriptrunner script that would write a (system) log warning when a version changes. (of course it could do anything else with the information).

versionupdatedevent.png

Bufu Mario February 10, 2020

Thank you. I tested this today and it worked.

Like Leonard Chew likes this
Leonard Chew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2020

Great!

Suggest an answer